Friday, July 1, 2011

This is the end of the third week and I just finished up doing the time study on the tank for the Grinder Mixer.  I will be doing the last part of this all next week.  Below is the third week question and my response which tells a lot of what I have been thinking about this week.

Week 3: What are some of the connections you see between your externship and math or science essential concepts and skills? 21st Century Skills? Five Characteristics of Effective Instruction? Eight Standards for Mathematical Practice?
The main connection I have made deals with collecting data and analyzing it.  Many times throughout the year I have students collect data and graph it and then analyze it.  This is the same thing.  I can make that connection with them and show them that it is being done here in town at Art's Way.  There are so many things you can do with the data especially on Excel which I use in my class as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment