Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 2 and 4 Questions

Week2: Now that you have been with the business for a few weeks engage them in a conversation of their concerns at the beginning of the externship. Share them, and what you have done to alleviate those concerns.

After chatting with Eric about this question he said there really wasn't any concerns he could think of.  He was excited about the program.  After a little more talking one concern he realized he had was overwhelming me.  I did meet with him a couple weeks before I started working there and he showed me around and talked about some of the jobs he had in mind.  After that talk it was a little much but I felt confident that I was going to be able to do what they wanted from me.


Week 4: Now that you are one month in, how do you see this experience changing your classroom? Think in terms of what you teach and how you teach. How will your students know something has changed?

Well I know for one thing when I have students say, "when am I going to use this,"  I can quickly tell them about my experiences at Art's Way.  There are a few projects/ ideas I have in mind that I want to use in my classroom.  One of them is having students brainstorm on how they can improve a process in order to make things easier, which is what Art's Way does all the time in order to improve production.  I hope to have students collect data and graph their data.  I will make sure to let them know this is something companies all over the World including Art's Way do this on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment