Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Last Day! and Question 6

Today is my last day at Art's Way.  We've spent a lot of time on the floor checking on projects.  Not a lot for me to do since I got my job done yesterday.  Just going around and helping where I can.  It's a good day to end on knowing I got everything done and I'm not panicking to get something finished.

Week 6: Wrap Up. We have seen what you have been doing over the summer, here is your last chance to reflect on what the experience has meant to you, what you will take with you to the classroom and perhaps how the experience could be made better or more effective.

The experience was great.  1st of all I was able to see exactly what goes on in Art's Way.  I've been in the community for 5 years and this is the first time I've been here.  I was able to see how the Grinder Mixer was built from start to finish.  I can say that I know more than anyone should know about the frame and tank on the Grinder Mixer.  I am definitely going to take my experiences back with me to the classroom.  First of all I am just excited to tell the students what I have been doing during the summer.  I can't wait for the first time this year a student says, "what do we need this for?"  And I can answer that question with a story from working at Art's Way.  I feel I have made connections with the company that will continue.  I hope to have some engineers come in my classroom in the future and talk about the math they use.  I feel I have a great idea about a project for my students that involves improving production which is what Art's Way is always striving for.  I also feel there will be many more ideas pop in my head in the future that I can credit this program for.  It was a great experience and I hope to be able to do it again next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment