Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Getting into week 3

This is my second day into week three.  I am still doing a time study.  It is the same as last week except I am now with a different part of the welding line.  Still timing and collecting data.  I am really thinking of how I can use this data or how I can dig deeper into this data to help out the company.  I know they need it to check on the standard but I am trying to think of how it can help them a little more.  Nothing yet but I am going strong with my stop watch!

1 comment:

  1. You can always evaluate variation. Not just are they within standards, but is there wide variation, narrow variation, one tailed, etc. Compare different welders, compare different lines. Just a few ideas if you get enough data.

    knap space perr@davenportschools.org

    ReplyDelete